Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward R Hutchison
Dr. Edward R Hutchison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brea, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Hutchison is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center, Placentia Linda Hospital and St Jude Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward R Hutchison has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Edward R Hutchison has the following 12 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward R Hutchison - Posted on April 30th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward R Hutchison - Posted on September 25th, 2010
You could not ask for a nicer or more caring doctor. I have been seeing him for a little over 3 years. I would not dream of going to see anyone else. Dr Hutchison spends as much time as you need, he explains everything to you, and he follows up. My medication is based on my blood tests, when my medication needs to be adjusted the doc is the one to call and let me know. I have seen many doctors and he is the first one that has made his own phone calls.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hutchison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Edward R Hutchison Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Edward R Hutchison
My philosophy on healthcare is to put my patients first, provide the highest quality of care that will lead to the best physical and emotional condition possible. It is of paramount importance that I spend enough time with my patients to address all of their needs. As technology advances, you need to have a physician who keeps up to date with the latest information in order to provide total care.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward R Hutchison, MD - Internal Medicine in Brea, CA, in this video.
Dr. Edward R Hutchison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brea, CA.