Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward A Hyndman III has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
The infectious disease doctors are usually very sure of themselves, less likely to be open for bizarre circumstances. I realize that they went to school for a long time, but this does not give them the right to form an opinion of a person just by the way a person looks. Alot of times a person may look healthy. They may continue to fix their hair and makeup, but have alot of pain in their joints, fatigue, etc., that is not visible with the naked eye. This is when the patient looks for alternative ways of healing themselves. If this alternative method is discussed with the infectious disease doctor they are quick to interrupt and be very negative regarding alternative medicine. We need to get the CDC and the IDSA to come to terms with what is going on with the inflamation people are experiencing today. There are alternative methods out there. When someone is suffering and looking for answers, the last thing they need is a professional infectious disease doctor to be close minded. Most medications that are given for inflamation just cover up the real cause. I want answers of what is causing my problems. Please be open for discussion.
Dr. Hyndman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Edward A Hyndman III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInfection Limited, 6701 Airport Blvd Ste B127, Mobile, AL
Dr. Edward A Hyndman III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.