More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward K Rhee
Dr. Edward K Rhee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Rhee is affiliated with Abrazo West Campus, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward K Rhee has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Edward K Rhee has the following 2 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Congenital Heart Defects
Dr. Edward K Rhee has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward K Rhee is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Rhee has been my daughter's cardiologist since birth. He has seen her through every step, from breaking the news she was in heart failure at 6 days old to , surgery, and all her follow ups. He has put my worries at bay with his manner and concern. He even saw my son to make sure he didn't have a heart condition, during a routine athletic physical.
Met with Dr. Rhee to discuss an issue we are experiencing with our daughter and we found him to be extremely condescending, dismissive, and unhelpful. I found his attitude surprising considering most of the other doctors we have encountered at Phoenix Children's Hospital have been extremely caring. He minimized our issue by smirking and treated us as though we were wasting his time. When asked whether or not a particular treatment would be beneficial he responded, "that's up to you to decide." Our appoint wound up being a complete waste of time.
Dr. Rhee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Edward K Rhee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhoenix Childrens Hospital, 1919 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward K Rhee in this video.
Dr. Edward K Rhee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.