Dr. Edward Kata Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Edward Kata?

He's a joke. Find another urologist.

Posted on October 18th, 2016

Let's start at my hospital admission. After it was discovered that my urethra was severed in my automobile accident, he claimed he wanted to piggy-back off of one of my many surgeries in the following days. Three separate nurses, chief of surgery, on 3 separate days tried calling Dr. Kata to coordinate the procedure with no answer or reply back. Dr. Kata abandoned me in the hospital. Flash forward to 8 weeks later we finally get an appointment scheduled. We waited 1 hour 45 minutes until he barged into the room in a rush. He didn't even know who I was. Told me he would write a script to get a procedure and x-rays done at ORMC that would be done on a separate occasion. And rushed out. He spent less than 3 minutes talking to me. Grand total of the visit? $375. Do yourself a favor and find another urologist.

Posted on July 11th, 2016

operated on me twice in winter park hospital + multiple office visits . first operation was for prostate cancer , guess it went well , 20 years later and I'm still here. second time was for venereal warts , twice . a little cold for my taste but I'll take good over friendly any day .

PLEASE get another opinion

Posted on January 20th, 2015

It has been 6 years and I still regret daily that I did not get a second opinion. I trusted the doctor was telling me what I needed to know; my mistake. He explained none of the options pre surgery and almost none of the consequences of the prostate surgery. His goal must be to get one more robotic procedure under his belt and obviously he needs more practice if I am an example of the outcome. Post surgery I put my questions in writing and his staff wrote back saying "Dr Kata is not able to response to your questions" I since researched my case in depth and went to a specialty facility...learned a lot about what SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. PLEASE PLEASE get other opinions if you care about any kind of sex life post surgery.

Posted on November 27th, 2013

Very kind. I was very nervous but he made me feel very comfortable throughout my ordeal. Would recommend him highly.

Posted on September 9th, 2013

This is by far the rudest most pretentious doctor I have ever encountered. I plan to file complaints with every entity he is accociated with. I absolutely would not recommend him to any one. This goes beyond having a terrible bedside manner. I suffered for much longer than neseccary in hospital because of his neglect. Apparently being a doctor on call means nothing to this man. This one has a "god complex" watch out!

Bad office

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

Office administration at this practice is horrible. Get rid of your administrator and your practice can only get better. Rudeness at the check in window. Never have my insurance correct. Reschedule appointments continually.Wait times excessive.Spoke with administrator outside while she smokes.

Posted on June 27th, 2017