Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Kavalerchik
Dr. Edward Kavalerchik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with other offices in Santee, CA and San Diego, CA (and 11 other locations). He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Kavalerchik is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Kavalerchik has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Interventional Oncology
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Kavalerchik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Scripps Green Hospital
Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
11 Years Experience
Stony Brook University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Edward Kavalerchik accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward Kavalerchik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.