Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward W Kelly
Dr. Edward W Kelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burnsville, MN, with another office in Minneapolis, MN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kelly is affiliated with Abbott Northwestern Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward W Kelly has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I would not recommend Dr. Kelly for any surgery. I woke up from my surgery with no feeling in my fingers. I was badly bruised in the surgical area. My neurologist spoke with him because the feeling never came back. He also recommended a sports doctor who gave me drug and I passed out on the stairs and came out with a traumatic brain injury. The repairs done by him came to the shoulder dislocation and a total shoulder replacement. I still have no feeling in my fingers and I am not the same person.
Dr. Kelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1992
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Edward W Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward W Kelly in this video.
Dr. Edward W Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burnsville, MN.