Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward A Kohl MD
Dr. Edward A Kohl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Helotes, TX. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward A Kohl has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Edward A Kohl has the following 19 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward A Kohl - Posted on January 16th, 2015
I think he retired? He was a good doctor and wish I had a pointer on another good doctor like him and his office/staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward A Kohl - Posted on July 17th, 2013
45 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1973
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Edward A Kohl Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Edward A Kohl's office for more information.
12240 Parrigin Rd Helotes, TX : (210) 616-0789
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Edward A Kohl is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Helotes, TX.