Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward L Burns Jr
Dr. Edward L Burns Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Burns is affiliated with Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City and Mercy Jefferson Hospital. Dr. Burns has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward L Burns Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 8
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Burns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Johns Medical Center
Dr. Edward L Burns Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Anthony Primary Care Consultants, 12700 Southfork Rd Ste 280, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward L Burns Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward L Burns Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.