Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward Levitan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Edward Levitan has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Edward Levitan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I have been a patient of Dr. Levitan for 10 years - He has always made me feel very comfortable by being a good listener, willing to explain things thoroughly, giving me the time I need and overall giving excellent care. His knowledge of Lyme disease testing and treatment is outstanding - something that is EXTREMELY difficult to find in a PCP. Dr. Levitan is a very kind, caring doctor and it's a privilege to have him as my PCP.
I love Dr. Levitan's vision and integrated approach. However, the practice has grown so fast the "vision" has lost focus on the customer service side of the business. Don't hold your breath waiting for a follow up after your visit but maybe if you pay a membership fee you'll get priority service now.
What I felt was most helpful was the time that he spent looking into what was causing the symptoms I was having. He was the first one that has ever done that for me and I am starting to feel better after so many years of masking the allergy symptoms. He has taken the time to talk with me about what may be happening, why, and how we can go about fixing it. I appreciate the time that he spends with me and the knowledgeable level that he discusses medical issues with me.
15 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Caritas Carney Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFive Journeys Pc, 181 Wells Ave, Newton Center, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Levitan in this video.
Dr. Edward Levitan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton Center, MA.