More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward C Maynard has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Edward C Maynard has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Edward C Maynard has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward C Maynard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This guy is unable to tell my spouse that smoking is bad; and that the child's ENT and upper respiratory illness visits are probably related to spouse smoking around the child. "Please tell my spouse not to smoke around the child" (spouse begins screaming about smoking being ok) Dr.: "You two need to see a counselor, huh, huh" / leaves room. Office staff says I am "Intimidating" for requesting that the Dr. address my spouses smoking around the child; and how that might contribute to the child having ENT/Smoking related illnesses several times a year (spouse smokes inside, around child). Pathetic way to keep a customer; and to not speak up against smoking being harmful, not to mention around a child. Shameful, horrific, an insult to a medical profession.
We have two kids - 17 & 18 years old. They have been lovingly taken care of by Dr. Maynard since the days they were born. I have been most impressed by his holistic approach to their health. For example, he talks to them about what chores they are responsible for, what their life goals are, how they are doing in school, etc. This is done with the intent to assess developmental progress, potential depression, and overall wellness. What he won't do is tell you that everything is fine when it's not. He partners with the parents and expects you to do your part as a parent!
He is a terrible doctore. He may have gone to a great school, but he is not that good. I took my kids there for quite some time and he has made multiple mistakes. One was so horrible, my daughter almost died. I just found another doctor who does not delegate stuff to other specialists and who investigates and thinks instead of sitting with their nose stuck in the laptop.
We have seen alot of doctors, having an autistic and epileptic child, and another one with a rare mitochondrial disease...in 3 different states, Dr Maynard is hands down the best we have seen! We had to move away sadly, but i wish we could afford to fly to colorado when we need to see the pediatrician, he is magnificant!
40 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Boston Childrens Hospital
Dr. Edward C Maynard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward C Maynard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.