Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward J Mcmanus
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Randolph, NJ, with another office in Wayne, NJ. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine, Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcmanus has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus has the following 3 specialties
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Lyme Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I waited 3 hours before I left. Not exaggerating. Arrived at 2:45 for a 3:00 appt, No mention from the staff about running late. At 5:00 no one from the staff had apologized or entered the waiting to explain. The 2:30 and 2:45 were still in the room with me. I tried to reschedule and was told I was going in next, which obviously upset the earlier appointments. They were told something about my paperwork being completed first. I was brought into a room about fifteen minutes which obviously upset the other people all over again. I was weighed, the doctor popped in to get something out of a cabinet and said he'd be in a few minutes. 45 minutes later I woke up in the room at 6:00 and I don't think the 2;30 had been seen yet as they said I was being seen first. I had to leave. The office manager was gone at this point. Please, Please do not go to this doctor or IDC. Find another infectious disease doctor and office who will value your time. An btw, I understand mistakes happen, but they could have called me and told me to come in at 5, or sent me home and I'd have come back, but my time is obviously worthless to them. I thought maybe someone would call this morning to apologize or explain, but I've waited long enough.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
36 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1982
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon OMNIA
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward J Mcmanus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Randolph, NJ.