- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward L Middleman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Edward L Middleman has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 4 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward L Middleman - Posted on March 20th, 2013
Dr. has been my Dr. since 2006, and what I remember most about Dr. Middleman is: not only is he the most caring doctor I have ever meet, he also listens, and never rushed me out to get to the next patient. Also when my husband went through an extremely traumatic illness; Dr. Middleman showed his concern for him as well when he accompanied me to my appointments.
My opinion of Dr. Middleman
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward L Middleman - Posted on June 26th, 2010
A caring proffesional with great heart
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward L Middleman - Posted on February 12th, 2009
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward L Middleman - Posted on January 29th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward L Middleman, MD - Medical Oncology in Rutland, VT, in this video.
Dr. Edward L Middleman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rutland, VT.