Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward L Mollen
Dr. Edward L Mollen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Mollen is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus, Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and Bon Secours St Marys Hospital. Dr. Mollen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward L Mollen has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Edward L Mollen has the following 15 expertise
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
Dr. Edward L Mollen has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward L Mollen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I took my 4-year-old to see Dr. Mollen for allergy testing over concerns of my son’s ineffective allergy meds. Dr. Mollen is an old-school doctor but it was an awesome thing, because he was very friendly and thorough with his questions and answers regarding my son’s medical condition. His office staff was awesome. I would describe his office as kid friendly with a homestyle feel to it. There were lots of toys to keep my 4 year old and 1 year old busy, plus both my children took to him instantly. I was very shocked because my youngest child has always had adverse reactions to new faces and places. I was the first patient of the day and there was no wait time. I left his office before making a follow up appointment and the staff was nice enough to call me within the hour to schedule a follow up. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mollen to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mollen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Edward L Mollen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Gastroenterology, 5855 Bremo Rd Ste 702, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward L Mollen in this video.
Dr. Edward L Mollen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.