Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Nord
Dr. Edward Nord, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nord is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook University Hospital and University of CA Los Angeles Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Nord has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Failure
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Renal Hypertension
- Renovascular Hypertension
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Nord is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stony Brook University Hospital
Stony Brook University Hospital
University of CA Los Angeles Medical Center
University Medical Center At Stony Brook
St Catherine Of Siena Medical Center
47 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Edward Nord accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSTONYBROOK INTERNISTS SPECIALTY CARE, 26 Research Way, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Nord in this video.
Dr. Edward Nord is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.