The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward P Perez has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Perez said it was my medicine that caused the really bad rash - even sores - and took me off everything for 6 weeks. He was wrong and I don't think I should have been without the medication. He took a biopsy and a blood test and then quite frankly didn't know what to do. He gave me some prednesone and some medication that is prescribed for organ transplant patients - an immune system suppressant - and I immediately became ill. He did nothing for me, but bad.
I liked Dr Perez. He took a lot of time with me and he was a great listener answering all of my 1000 questions. I'd belong to another medical group and I no longer work in San Mateo so it he is now to far from my home to see regularly, but he is a kind and patient Dr. and he got me the medication that worked the best for me. I would recommend him to anyone. The only complaint I had was of the staff giving me a hard time using my cell phone in the lobby. I am really busy at work and if I get 10 minutes in the lobby to make a personal call while I'm waiting for an appointment, I believe that I should be able to do that. If you use an appropriate volume of voice, it is no different from speaking with someone next to you, and it is way more quiet than most children.
21 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Edward P Perez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Laser Center And Spa, 1605 Redwood Rd, San Marcos, TX
Dr. Edward P Perez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Marcos, TX.