Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward S Podczaski has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
If it wasn't for Dr. Podczaski, I would not be here to write this review. When I was first diagnosed, the general consensus of my medical team was that I had mere weeks to live and wanted to put me on palliative care only. Dr. P wouldn't hear of it. Two years later, I am alive and doing very well. Some people might find Dr, P's bedside manner a little stiff. But I don't care about that. I needed someone to believe in me and to heal me. Dr. P did. He is by far the most accessible doctor I have ever known. He gave my us his cell phone number, encouraging us to call anytime, day or night. And sometimes we had to do just that. One caveat: As a patient, don't expect Dr. P to read your mind. If you have questions, ask them. No question is too silly. This is your life. Ask away.
He was very brutal during his internal exam. I ended up bleeding a lot heavier when I left his office than I was previously. Due to his procedure I was also in extreme pain for the next 24+ hrs. He was very unprofessional and uncaring. He did not listen when I told him my preference on treatment. He only wanted to go with what he said he wanted to try. He did not address any of my questions or concerns. He treated me like I was stupid and an inconvenience. No one should ever have to go through what I just went through with him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Edward S Podczaski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPinnacle Health Womens Cancer Center, 3901 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward S Podczaski in this video.
Dr. Edward S Podczaski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.