More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward A Pont MD
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward A Pont has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Edward A Pont has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Edward A Pont is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Never listens to concerns
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward A Pont - Posted on January 31st, 2018
I avoid this doctor but love the others at the practice. Dr. Pont always makes me feel like I am over reacting and doesn’t listen to my concerns. Each time he has sent us home I’ve had to come back in, once the same day, after my child’s symptoms became worse. I don’t need medication every time we visit, but I’m not a new parent. I know my kids.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward A Pont - Posted on December 15th, 2014
I can't believe Dr. Pont would get anything other than 5 stars. He always listens, and most importantly, does not overreact or prescribe antibiotics unless necessary. He knows a virus from an infection and treats it respectively. He has quelled my fears on several occasions regarding potty training, illness, vaccinations, etc. We have moved an hour away, but I refuse to switch pediatricians because of his expertise.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward A Pont - Posted on September 27th, 2013
Dr. Pont is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Edward A Pont Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Edward A Pont
Originally from the Detroit area, Dr. Pont has lived in the Chicago area since 1993, when he began his residency at Loyola University Medical Center. Prior to that, Dr. Pont received his medical degree from Washington University in St. Louis. He and his wife, Sheila, are raising 3 children, Abigail, Jolie and Ryan who keep them busy at home! an interest in developmental pediatrics and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Dr. Pont volunteers at a low-income clinic in LaGrange, where he teaches medical students from Loyola as he sees patients. He is President of the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics; he also chairs the Illinois chapter's committee on government affairs.
Locations & DirectionsDUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP ELMHURST PEDIATRICS, 152 N Addison Ave Ste 200, Elmhurst, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward A Pont, MD - Pediatrics in Elmhurst, IL, in this video.
Dr. Edward A Pont is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.