Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward G Reis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Bronchitis
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Reis is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He not only is a great, knowledgable physician - but he's a real people person. It's clear that he's passionate about what he does, and hasn't succumbed to the cynicism and jadedness that others in the family practice industry have unfortunately fallen into. His greatest traits are that he is an excellent clinician, with tons of experience. He is one of the friendliest doctors I've ever met. And most importantly to me, he takes his time to explain the diagnosis, and what your options are. I've never left his office confused or unsure of what he said, or what to do next. I'm proud to call Dr. Reis my primary care physician!
Dr. Reis has been my doctor for years. Many of my friends and relatives have also come to be his patients. We are all pleased with his expertise, demeanor and personal approach. He is a teacher because he always gives me good ideas and pointers as to how to look at my medical conditions. Thi help-s me better understand my condition and makes me better be able to manage it as opposed to feeling helpless. He always that "an educated consumer is my best customer".
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Reis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1987
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Edward G Reis accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPenn Presbyterian Medical Center, 3801 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward G Reis in this video.
Dr. Edward G Reis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.