Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward A Rufus Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
i went to him hoping he would help. but it seemed like he didn't listen to me. i continued to get worse and tried to call for a follow up. but it seemed no one was in the office to answer my call. i was forced to go to the hospital where the Dr listened to what a had to say and asked questions. the Dr at the hospital was more helpful and told me what it was. with no help from Dr Rufus i am slowly getting better.
Go in with a list! He will answer every question and if he can't he finds out for you! If he can't help you he and his staff find someone who can. I could not say enough good things about Dr. Rufus My parents have seen him for 24 years as well and my 12 year old has seen him since he was three. He cares about his patient and has a wonderful sense of humor but is also serious about complete patient care. I worry about the day he will retire HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR!
36 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Edward A Rufus Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward A Rufus Jr Md, 5401 N Knoxville Ave Ste 306, Peoria, IL
Dr. Edward A Rufus Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.