Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward S Cohen MD
Dr. Edward S Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in Encinitas, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward S Cohen has 2 locations
9850 Genesee Ave Ste 440
La Jolla, CA 92037
354 Santa Fe Dr
Encinitas, CA 92024
Dr. Edward S Cohen has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Edward S Cohen has the following 8 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Edward S Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Cohen, his staff including Michael Price (P/A) are Very Good
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward S Cohen - Posted on May 1st, 2017
Wait times vary from 5 to 15 minutes & are longer.. I have been encouraged by Mr. Price to be pro-active concerning followup to get test results. Staff is genial (with good senses of humor) and always professional. I would recommend Dr. Cohen's services to anyone. My experience is with the La Jolla office.
Not a simple procedure
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward S Cohen - Posted on May 14th, 2015
I went to Dr. Cohen to correct an overactive bladder problem. He told me that a "simple procedure" known as a TURP would correct the condition. It turned out to be more than a "simple procedure" which involved two painful trips to the emergency room and an end result of my condition being worse than it was before my initial visit to Dr. Cohen. A second procedure was recommended and performed with no better result. Dr. Cohen kept assuring me the condition would improve with time. However, it has been over a year since I have had any contact with him and my condition is worse than it was before my initial visit. '
wasted my time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward S Cohen - Posted on April 1st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward S Cohen - Posted on June 28th, 2012
Very Poor Service
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward S Cohen - Posted on March 7th, 2012
35 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Edward S Cohen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Edward S Cohen
Dr. Cohen, a urologist who began practicing medicine in 1984, completed his urology residency in 1990. Before becoming the vice chief of staff at Scripps Encinitas in 2003, he served as the chief of urology at Scripps La Jolla from 1999 to 2000 and the chief of surgery at Scripps Encinitas from 2001-2003. Dr. Cohen received his medical degree from the University of California at Davis.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward S Cohen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.