Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward S Levy
Dr. Edward S Levy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Levy is affiliated with St Louis University Hospital, SSM St Joseph Health Center and Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City. Dr. Levy has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward S Levy has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Child Birth
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I have medicare and called numerous times they keep sending.me the bill medicare verbally approved the services?? Their billing dept is questionable My main concern was the pelvic prolapse surgery which went well at first then later I felt the buldge return the bladder slipped again at this visit time he stated "what happened well you don't need surgery at this time" upon return months later at yearly check up he stated he was pleased with the surgery ?? It has definitely slipped more and I researched the physical therapy too late why wasn't I referred post surgery to help strengthen the pelvic muscles I found this info and went on my own I was billed for a wellness consultation which I did not receive the last visit was a fast pelvic exam/breast exam only and I was told. I was in good condition at my age he chose not to acknowledge the bladder had slipped and obviously forgot his reaction/statement at the previous visit The yearly check up was rushed and he gave conflicting information my bladder has slipped back to where it was before surgery I 'm sure he's a good surgeon the failure was neither of our fault however I would have appreciated more honesty and referrals to resources/help after the surgery which may have made a difference I'm not sure if I will go back
I went to Dr. Levy for my yearly check up, since I had not had one for four years. He charged me for other things, that insurance does not cover. Also, there was not a nurse in the room when he examined me. I will not go back there. His staff is nice, but I do not trust Dr. to charge the correct charges.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2011, 2016, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2013, 2015, 2008, 2011, 2009, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Levy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Edward S Levy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Ob/Gyn, 816 S Kirkwood Rd Ste 100, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward S Levy in this video.
Dr. Edward S Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.