Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward S Sawicki has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward S Sawicki has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Edward S Sawicki has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward S Sawicki is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I went to Med East on a Saturday morning knowing I would probably wait. I waited an hour and 10 minutes which was wonderful considering the office was full. Dr. Sawicki was kind, thorough, and genuinely concerned. He explained my symptoms and how why the medication was best for the diagnosis. I left feeling very relieved and thankful for the staff in the willimantic Med East
We arrived at Medeast walk-in at 6:41pm. DR Sawicki and his staff were locking door to leave. I jumped out of vehicle to ask if they would stitch up my husbands leg. Office hours are until 7:00pm. DR Sawicki said they did not do stitches at Medeast. He turned us down for treatment, because he had " going home" in his eyes.
Dr. Sawicki had absolutely no bedside manner. He was curt, lacked empathy or explanation. Worse, he made me feel as though my frightening physical exam revelation was my fault....as if I was the problem, not my potential medical condition. I left confused, sad and angry that a medical "professional" could treat a patient in that manner. Sadly, he is the owner and founder of Med East Walk In Clinic and will suffer no consequences for his actions. Under no circumstances would I refer even my worst enemy to this person. I can only hope that some day, he reflects on himself and comes to realization that he could have and should have behaved differently.
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Edward S Sawicki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward S Sawicki in this video.
Dr. Edward S Sawicki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willimantic, CT.