Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward N Shen has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I have seen Dr Shen each quarter since mid-2004 when he saved my life. Four months earlier another cardiologist inserted an undersized (defective) stent in my heart. That stent collapsed and began restricting proper blood flow. Fortunately Dr Shen, who was highly recommended was available to care for me. Dr Shen inserted a larger and proper type of stent inside the defective ( 50 cent kind) that the previous cardiologist had inserted, which had collapsed. Since May 2004, my heart has functioned properly. Aside of some current artery clogging of which is being taken care of at Queens Med Cen. Dr Shen remains on the top of my list for Highest Quality Cardiologists. He's Darn Good, thank God!
Waiting time just to get a first time appointment was over a month. The staff is very friendly. But waiting times are extremely long. Once in the examination room it still took a long time to be seen by Dr Shen only to have him spent less than 5 minutes going through my case. Didn't seem to review my previous tests or take any time to address my questions and concerns. Very disappointed with his bedside manners and not taking the time to discuss a differential diagnosis. It takes about another month just to get a follow up visit. Would recommend this doctor at all. Really bad experience overall.
Dr. Shen is a n exceptional doctor with excellent diagnostic skills and a warm bedside manner. As a result he has many patients, each of which is important to him and demands his full attention. Sometimes there is a waiting period in his office because another patient in the hospital needs more attention than expected by the doctor. This is to be expected when a doctor with Dr. Shen's skills is your doctor. Many patients need him, for good reason--he saves lives. If he is your doctor, you are very fortunate. I know I am.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Royal Edward Laurentian Hospital
Dr. Edward N Shen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward N Shen Md Inc, 1380 Lusitana St Ste 701, Honolulu, HI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward N Shen in this video.
Dr. Edward N Shen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.