Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Silver
Dr. Edward Silver, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI, with another office in Honolulu, HI. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Silver is affiliated with Straub Clinic and Hospital, Pali Momi Medical Center and Queens Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Silver has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Been going to Dr. Silver for about four years or so. He insists on blood tests annually but failed to recognize I had a problem. Guess he didn't test results of blood work afterwards. Another doctor discovered the problem. I no longer trust Dr. Silver and have found a new doctor. I'm sure he's okay for other patients but not for me.
Brought my elderly mother (85 yrs) in for an appointment. Dr. Silver was short with her and rude. He failed to listen to her needs (pain from a fractured back) and dismissed her quickly. This man has a poor bedside manner. Plus he still has not completed the form given to him so my mother can move into a residential care home.
This doctor has a policy of not calling patients. You can only communicate by going in. Front desk denied me an appointment when I had Bronchitis. Said, "How about tomorrow" and I was really ill. Told her so and she denied me an appointment anyway. Doctor overlooked obvious symptoms that should have been red flag. As a result I ended up really ill and am in recovery. Shouldn't have happened. I lost trust quickly even though he is personable. Would not recommend to anyone.
Dr. Silver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Straub Clinic and Hospital
Pali Momi Medical Center
Queens Medical Center
36 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Edward Silver accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward Silver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.