Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward D Simmons has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 52
I have been a patient for many years. Was very happy with this doctor & staff until about a year ago. Terrible experience since physician" sold out" to corporate, he lost his dedicated office staff, Tanya ,Denise, Anita, & Deanna & now the office is a joke. NO ONE returns calls or cares about the patients. it's all about $$$.
after 4 days post op I called the office to speak with Dr Simmons. I was not feeling well after anterior fusion of the cervical 6/7. I was given to the PA-physicians assistant who belittled me on the phone telling me that I was exaggerating my symptoms and I wasnt a doctor literally raising her voice telling me my symptoms were normal. I advised I had two previous fusions where I did not feel ill afterwards. Something is wrong. 2 days later I was rushed into the hospital by ambulance because I could not get out of bed. An severe infection had proliferated systemically. I spent 2 months in the hospital with near death experiences. had severe edema, thrush developed, vital were extremely low. I acquired heart damage and damage to adrenal glands. This PA was negligent in her actions and is a reflection of the physician Dr. Simmons. I asked for Dr. Simmons I got an inexperienced uneducated PA with an ego. I should have filed a complaint with the dept of professions. Before choosing this physician assure that the PA is qualified experienced and if they dotn listen t you go elsewhere
He is an amazing surgeon. He fixed my spine. No need for pain killers or subsequent surgeries. He runs a tight ship and while his bedside manner is a little brisk, I wasn't there to make friends. I'm sure we both have enough friends. For a surgeon, I want a professional, not a joker. A + Dr. Simmons!
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Edward D Simmons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSimmons Orthopaedic And Spine Associates, 235 North St, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward D Simmons in this video.
Dr. Edward D Simmons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.