Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Solow
Dr. Edward Solow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Nuclear Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Solow is affiliated with University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian, Frankford Hospital and Aria Health Frankford Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Solow has the following 3 specialties
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Solow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Aria Health Frankford Campus
Aria Health Torresdale Campus
40 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Edward Solow accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward Solow MD, 214 Christian St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Edward Solow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.