Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Song
Dr. Edward Song, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Song is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Shea, PHOENIX CHILDRENS HOSPITAL and Paradise Valley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Song has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 73
He did my ACDF surgery on my C4-C6 and it has changed me life in such a good way. He was extremely patient and answered all of my questions and explored all other avenues before arriving at this surgery being the best option. I like that he encouraged me to seek out second opinions which I did but ended up coming back to him.
I would give Dr. Song a 10 stars - He did surgery a month ago and I have no pain and he is so professional and explains very well - I would recommend him to everybody. He is the best.
Great doctor, he is able to give you a VERY accurate diagnosis--Even if you only go to him one or two times. He will give you the honest truth to any question you ask him, and not dilly dally around the facts. He is kind about giving harsh info, but I really appreciated his honestly. He was not out to drag me thru appointment after appointment, just to make money for himself. Instead he told me I had severe back issues, but did not need to go in for any type of surgery... He felt it would only cause more issues and / or pain for me down the road. I really respected him for not trying to make the money by telling me I needed surgery, and instead told me that I would probably have a more limited type of lifestyle do to the extreme accident that I was in from a drunk driver.
Dr. Song is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Hospital
St. Joseph`s Hospital and Medical Center - Phoenix
Arizona Spine and Joint
Scottsdale Healthcare-Thompson Peak
Osborn Medical Center
Thompson Peak Hospital
Shea Medical Center
Arizona Surgical Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital - Phoenix, AZ
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
John C Lincoln Hospital - Deer Valley
CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
18 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Edward Song accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMezona Orthopedics, 2940 E Banner Gateway Dr, Gilbert, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Song in this video.
Dr. Edward Song is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.