Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward F Spilker has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I love coming to Dr. Spilker and have referred him to many. He is the type of old-school doctor your don't see any more. He calls back, PERSONALLY, when he says he will. He has picked up the office phone, he makes personal calls for referrals if he thinks you need it quickly and he'll have more sway, you might even see him saunter in the waiting room to chat with patients. He is a small practice and you can tell he is a doctor because he loves being a doctor. They always make time to have me seen. His nurses are also fantastic and welcoming. I couldn't be happier to have stumbled on this office.
Dr. Spilker has taken care of my parents, my family, and many of my friends. When the day comes that he retires, he will be difficult to replace. You don't get this kind of personal care from most doctors these days. He takes all the time you need, he is accurate in his diagnosis, he advocates for his patients with other doctors, and leaves no stone unturned. (And you never leave the office without hearing the joke of the day!)
My husband and I have been patients if Dr. Spilker for several years. He is extremely through and is well versed on current medications. He will not fail to seek advice from other doctors regarding his concerns. You may have a wait and a longer visit than in some practices, but it is a result of his care and focus on your particular case. I prefer to forfeit a little of my time rather than be a number rushed through another practice that has a daily patient quota. The most positive factor is that we know Dr. Spilker cares for us.
Dr. Spilker has treated my elderly parents, my immediate family, and many of my extended family. He is always kind, caring, and genuinely interested in your problems. He listens to the patient and takes your feelings into consideration. His staff is very caring, also, and loyal to his practice. He has managed medical conditions for my family and he goes above and beyond in his personal touch. I highly recommend him. The staff is very helpful in arranging appointments and in communicating by phone.
34 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Mountain Area Health Education Center
Dr. Edward F Spilker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward F Spilker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kennesaw, GA.