The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Talberth
Dr. Edward Talberth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Menlo Park, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Talberth is affiliated with Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood City, UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals and S/ M Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Talberth has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Talberth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood City
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
S/ M Radiology
48 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1965
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Edward Talberth accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward Lewis Talberth MD, 69 Politzer Dr, Menlo Park, CA
Dr. Edward Talberth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Menlo Park, CA.