Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward Tieng Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Incontinence
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have a 9mm kidney stone that has my urinary tract blocked on one side w/ an infection under it. He placed a stent in to help my kidney drain and clear out the infection. He has been taking precautions to prevent the spread of my infection and was excellent at the stent placement. I have read horror stores about stents and I have felt very little discomfort. He was my doctor at Fort Sanders and all the staff there took excellent care of me, too. The stent placement was my first surgery ever. He and his staff made the whole experience the best it could have been under the circumstances. His plans are to blast the stone with sound waves to break it up so that it is possible to pass. This is yet to be done, but I have the utmost confidence that he will continue to take great care of me.
Dr. Tieng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
Parkwest Med Ctr
Blount Memorial Hospital
University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
University of Tennessee Medical Center
19 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1994
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Edward Tieng Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2001 Laurel Ave, Knoxville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Tieng Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward Tieng Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.