Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward W Liu has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have always respected doctors and held them in high esteem since I was a little girl. Because of this I gave a local "specialist", Dr. Liu the benefit of the doubt when he told me I had nothing to worry about when I came to him with cough that wouldn't go away. It wasn't a lung infection, as he dismissively and improperly believed. It was something far worse. I cannot write what it was without crying. It is very bad.
Dr Liu came in on time and did amazing work. I had an infection on my leg that wouldn't go away but once Dr Liu saw it, he knew what it was and gave me the right antibiotics. He was professional, friendly and genuinely concerned about my pain. My rating is different than some others, I don't know why, but I would highly recommend him to others.
My husband and brother saw Dr. Liu. When BOTH were in hospital Dr. Liu failed to come in more than once and claims "he didn't know". My brither died the next day. Not that Dr. Lui seeing him would have altered the outcome knowing test results could have brought the correct treament faster. He was 33 years old! Dr. Ui also sent my husband home with an I'll call you and NEVER did. I followed up with 3 phone calss and had NO response. Do NOT go to Dr. Liu!!!!
22 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Edward W Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMeridian Medical Group, 2240 State Route 33 Ste A, Neptune, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward W Liu in this video.
Dr. Edward W Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Neptune, NJ.