Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward M Zimm has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Diseases
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Pain
Showing 5 of 10
My mother is 83 and had been seeing a local eye surgeon in the small town where we live. When I moved to this part of the state, I heard questionable things about the local physician but excellent reviews about Dr. Zimm in Erie. I took her there for a diagnosis and cataract surgery late in 2014. Dr. Zimm is very good at what he does and you do not feel rushed at all. Everyone in his office is very helpful and professional. I am now taking her back every 6 months for check ups and to see if she needs a retina specialist. So far, he is not recommending any additional treatments, which I appreciate. I think the local doctor was doing some treatments which were not very effective and could have been harmful.
Dr. Zimm is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Edward M Zimm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsZimm Cataract & Laser Center Inc, 300 State St Ste 200, Erie, PA
Dr. Edward M Zimm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Erie, PA.