Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edwin P Camiel Jr has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Camiel is a very experienced and highly knowledgeable Psychiatrist. Up-to-date on best practices in the field of psychiatry and guided by evidenced-based research, Dr. Camiel regularly sites new study findings when prescribing medication and has even provided me with copies of the studies he sites. Recovery oriented, person centered and working off of a strength-based model, Dr. Camiel has become an indispensable part of my treatment team. I highly recommend Dr. Camiel for treatment.
Overall very dissatisfied with my experience with Dr. Camiel. He is a very poor clinician. He did not take the time to talk to me, even when speaking to me he did not give me his full attention. He is not actively trying to reorganize his differential and attain a proper diagnosis, he simply gives you another drug to try in order to make sure you leave the room within 5-10 minutes. At no point was I ever able to call and ask an administrative question to him and he stated multiples times he would call back and never did. He did not actually care about my well being. He simply wanted me to show up at my assigned time and then leave when asked to so he could collect money for his appointment. Please do not see this man, there are better clinicians out there who actually care and are proud of their work. You have a better chance at successful treatment if you go elsewhere.
Dr. Camiel has always been kind to me. I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's helped me and that's all I can ask for, really. It must be a hard business, listening to everyone's problems day in and day out. I'd recommend him because he's always been good to me. (Totally agree about the wait time, though. I waited an hour the last time I was there.)
42 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Edwin P Camiel Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRehabilitation After Work, 1440 Russell Rd, Paoli, PA
Dr. Edwin P Camiel Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paoli, PA.