Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edwin D Blumberg
Dr. Edwin D Blumberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Plainfield, NJ. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Blumberg is affiliated with Jfk Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edwin D Blumberg has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
My experience with the doctor goes back many years. His avuncular manner makes for a pleasant and relaxed patient -physician relationship, and he always takes time to explain everything in easy-to-understand language. He always calls his patients with their rest results within a day or two of the procedure. Very few physicians seem to find the time to be this attentive and mindful of patient needs. Dr. Blumberg is a credit to the Group and has earned my highest rating. Office staff is friendly and polite, and wait time, if any, is minimal.
Dr. Blumberg is the best doctor we have encountered (we are 76-77 years old). We have been seeing him for more than 5 years. He spends as much time with us as needed, sometimes well over half hour, and he seems never to be in a hurry, During the office hours he always takes phone calls, you can fax or e-mail him your EKG, and he will immediately discuss it over phone without bothering to bill you. Though formally a cardiologist, he is a universal doctor, and you may discuss with him your dermatological or orthopedic problems. He is a kind of a doctor of the past that is almost extinct in our times.
Dr. Blumberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1968
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. Edwin D Blumberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral New Jersey Cardiology, 1511 Park Ave Fl 2, South Plainfield, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edwin D Blumberg in this video.
Dr. Edwin D Blumberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Plainfield, NJ.