Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edwin K Joe has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Edwin K Joe has the following 15 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Laser Surgery
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Edwin K Joe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edwin K Joe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Obviously very knowledgeable, and was satisfied with my first few visits. When I called to get a refill on an acne prescription he gave me, I was shocked at his demeanor on the phone. He was very rude and kept trying to get me to book another appointment which I felt was unnecessary. It's unfortunate because I'm usually a very loyal patient. In this case I will not go back.
My experiences with Dr.Joe and the Murray Hill Dermatology office have all been postive. My initial appointment was taken as an emergency case and subsequent follow-ups scheduled as needed. I was always seen on time (within 5 minutes of schedule) and never felt hurried by Dr. Joe. Yes, there was the request for a follow-up visit, but only to ensure that the treatment plan was having a positive effect. Anyone who has dealt with a skin problem should understand that finding the right medication requires some level of experimentation as each person reacts differently to treatment and the reason for the follow-up appointments is to fine-tune the treatment plan. He also stressed that he does not charge a fee for cancellation and that the follow-up was only needed if there was no improvement. In my case, after establishing the proper course of treatment Dr. Joe had no issue providing the needed refills.
Dr. Joe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Edwin K Joe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMurray Hill Dermatology Associates, 345 E 37th St Rm 307, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edwin K Joe in this video.
Dr. Edwin K Joe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.