Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Edwin B Locke has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Edwin B Locke has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Edwin B Locke has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edwin B Locke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 17
I believe all these positive reviews are from long ago. My current experience with Dr. Locke was horrible. He was very quick to leave the room and unable to make it to the birth of my first born simply because he forgot to take his phone off silent. He was very unapologetic about the whole situation. My birth wasn't spontaneous it was a planned induction on the day he asked me to be induced. He broke my water but then didn't show up to deliver. he was contacted via pager, cell phone, and house phone. All those attempts at contact but his excuse remained he just forgot to take his phone off silent. I hope this situation never happens to anyone else.
I have had 2 children with Dr. Locke as my physician. I was extremely happy with him & his team. We discussed my birth plan prior to having each child & he knew I wanted to avoid a c-section if at all possible. When I was having my daughter in 2009, I pushed for so long something had to be done. He didn't try to push a c-section on me but came over & discussed my intervention options, foreceps, suction or c-section. We decided on foreceps & he delivered my perfect little girl just a few minutes later. He is caring, friendly, intelligent & I happily recommend him to every woman I know that needs an OB/GYN. My second baby came so quick & easy no intervention was required.
I wish I had known that Dr. Locke was known for c-sections before I'd chosen to use him. I was medically induced and after 9 hours, I'd seen him maybe 3 times and he had to be called home from eating dinner and when he got there he basically said we were doing a c-section. Didn't talk to me about options or anything. It made me feel like he just wanted to go home and get it over with so he forced a c-section on me. He didn't do any follow ups with me after I had my baby. He sent the PA from his office to check on me. Even when I went back in to get my staples removed and when my incision busted open he made me see his PA. I absolutely loved the office and nurses and would love to go back but not to see Dr. Locke.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Edwin B Locke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edwin B Locke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midland, TX.