Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz
Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Corpus Christi, TX, with another office in Corpus Christi, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Melendez Cruz is affiliated with Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi Medical Center and CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Melendez Cruz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Driscoll Children's Hospital
Corpus Christi Medical Center
CHRISTUS Spohn Memorial Hospital
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Cristi-Sh
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
Corpus Christi Outpatient Surgery
Dubuis Hospital of Corpus Christi
Christus Spohn Shoreline Hospital
Coastal Bend Surgery Center
Christus Spohn Health System
43 Years Experience
University of Puerto Rico
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz in this video.
Dr. Edwin Melendez Cruz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.