Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John E Carter
Dr. John E Carter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newnan, GA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Carter is affiliated with John D Archbold Memorial Hospital and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. Dr. Carter has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John E Carter has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. John E Carter has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. John E Carter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
I have been seeing dr. Cater for about 2 and a half years now. We absolutely love him, his nurses and his staff. They are all so sweet and caring. Dr. Carter has gone out of his way to Squeez me in for an appt on last minute and he's always so kind understanding and happy when we come to see him. My son doesn't get scared when we have to go to the doctors because he knows everyone is always so nice and smiling. Dr carter always takes the time to answer and listen to all my questions and I always have a list expecially since this is my first child and I'm always worried about everything! I would recommend Dr. Carter to anyone and I know they would love him and his staff.
Dr. Carter is the most truly caring doctor I have ever been to. My children love him and as a parent am so thankful to have this great doctor taking care of my kids. He is so knowledgeable and thorough and knows each kid and their parents. He always takes his time with each patient, he truly is the best.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Carter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. John E Carter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPiedmont Physicians Pediatrics, 189 Jefferson Pkwy, Newnan, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John E Carter in this video.
Dr. John E Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newnan, GA.