Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edy Soffer
Dr. Edy Soffer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Soffer is affiliated with USC University Hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edy Soffer has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edy Soffer has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Edy Soffer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edy Soffer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was sent to see Dr Soffer as a specialist in an attempt to help come up with a course of action to treat my severe GI problems. (Had a Nissan fundoplication a year ago for such severe GERD that I choked every night on acid...my doctor said it was the worst case he had ever seen (a top rated surgeon) so bad in fact i could die from asphyxiation. The surgery helped the GERD but my nutcracker esophagus and stomach issues (gastropareisis) continually got worse. In addition to my GI problems, I have RA (often associated with esophageal and stomach disorders) fibromyalgia, hypogammaglobulinemia, and other disorders. My esophageal and stomach problems have gotten so bad I require a feeding tube as i can not eat or drink and a home nurse. i am 31. My case is very complicated and i understand that. Dr Soffer also acknowledged this fact. I made four trips to LA to see him(as he is supposed to be one of the top three doctors in the nation for GI problems). Two trips were for tests and two for consultations. I have been suffering for three years. Dr Soffer was not what I expected. He did not seem serious nor committed to help me. When after just one battery of tests with him...he gave up on trying to figure out and solve my stomach problems (extreme chronic nausea when i can get food to pass through my esophagus along with extremely slow transit time and poor absorption). The esophagus he said was very complicated, possibly partially related to the surgery. In the end he offered no treatment plan and didn't demonstrate an ounce of sympathy. He told me the TPN needed to go. That i most likely would have to reverse my surgery bringing back the GERD with only a chance that it would help the esophagus, and then hope the medication which has not helped in the past would help with the nausea. Ultimately, his suggestion, if you can call it that, would only make my situation worse. When I started to tear up and ask him questions, he continuously tried to stand up and walk out the door. He was arrogant, rude, condescending, smug and has proven to be incompetent. Furthermore, getting them to pass on my test results and file to my referring doctor and others that i requested (even after filling out all appropriate forms) was a nightmare. I have never left a doctors office feeling as hopeless and dismissed as i did that day. He might as well had said you are doomed, and there is the door. I have no idea how this doctor has become so highly regarded.Ultimately, thank god for second opinions and doctors who care about their patients. Nothing has been fixed yet, but at least i have a team of doctors doing everything they can to see me get BETTER not worse. At least they want to help.me get part of my life back...SAFELY!
Dr. Soffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
USC University Hospital
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Technion Israel Institute Of Technology
Graduated in 1976
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Edy Soffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & Directions1520 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Edy Soffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.