Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Efrain Garcia has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
DR EFRAIN GARCIA IS ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GERENAL AND SPECIAL INMUNOLOGY THE YOU CAN FIND HE TREATS HIS PATIENTS WITH BETTER AND HUMAN CARE AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE BEST OF THE PATIENTS HEALTH ,HE ALSO HAVE DR MICHAEL SANCHEZ ,I WILL RECOMMEND YOU THE IF YOU WANT A VERY GOOD DR LOOK FOR DR GARCIA AT MERCYS HOSPITAL AND YOU CAN ALSO FIND REVIEWS AT FLORIDA HEALTHGRADES AND SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE AND THE OFFICE SERVICE IS GREAT'THANKS FOR BEING MY DR'
I don't know where to begin with this office. To start, it is next to impossible to make an appointment with Dr Garcia. You have to wait about 2 months. In my 4 years going to that office I saw Dr. Garcia once. All other times I had to see the nurse because I could not wait 2 months for an appointment. Then once you finally get to the office you will have to wait 15-30 min to get put in a room. There are a few nice nurses in the office but most of them are extremely rude! They have terrible attitudes and don't call you back when they say they will. This office also FORCES you to make a second follow up appointment just to get any kind of results or bloodwork back. So get used to paying your co-pay and parking twice EVERY TIME. Now, as for Dr Garcia, he seems like a decent person, but WOW, what an ego!! If you dare suggest something he does not agree with he will not give it any consideration whatsoever. He is extremely rude and did not take any of my concerns seriously. He treated me like I was crazy and knew nothing about health. I am done with these people. My advice: find someone else.
Always feel as though I get the "Bum's rush" in this doctor's office. Doctor not familiar enough with my chart, lacks compassion, likes to delegate to staff and other specialists he recommends.
Dr. Garcia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Health System
Dr. Efrain Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEfrain Garcia MD PA, 3661 S Miami Ave Ste 702, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Efrain Garcia in this video.
Dr. Efrain Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.