Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Efren Vega has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This dr did an exam on me that wasn't even complete! An evaluation takes at least 4-6 hours that took him 45 minutes! All the tests were not performed and what few where wasn't even the right and accurate raitings for what he was supposed to do! Example: back flexion should be performed while laying on the ground after examining the shoulders,the spine,tenderness in the disks and spine, and them the person being examined has to do like a sit up and come up until they fill discomfort then it is measured to see how far you can use your back! This was not performed correctly as instructed by the state exam testing for individuals with injuries! He doesn't person according to state laws only by the way he choices to! I would never recommend or see this dr unless you want to risk your health and injuries worse!
47 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1966
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Efren Vega accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEfren Gilbert Vega MD, 2 Putnam Ave, Orange, TX
Dr. Efren Vega is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, TX.