Dr. Ehab Sargious Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Ehab Sargious?

Awful

Posted on November 20th, 2016

A very bad psychiatrist. I would not recommend him to anyone. I was seeing him as a patient for 2 years and he abruptly discharged me as a patient because my father had a heart attack, and I had to cancel an appointment. After discharging me, I had been taking medications for over 20 years and when I told him I was out and needed a refill until I found a new doctor he said "sorry...go to the hospital." I was horrified. Not only was upset because my father just almost died, but also because I'm chemically dependent on the medications I've been taking for 20 years. He has a lack of compassion and is very unfriendly. When dealing with mental illness (even minut mental illness such as myself ) abruptly stopping medications you've taken for 20 years is dangerous and very irresponsible on his part. Never got to this doctor.

Love!!

Posted on July 12th, 2016

I have been under Dr. Sargious' care for over 15 years. He is like family to me. And yes, he's getting paid, but he saved my life in many aspects. I'm surprised to read the negative reviews! He listens to me, responds with honesty and also gives advice. My diagnosis was simple compared to others but he didn't know that until we talked first time. I guess you gotta search until you find the right fit!

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR...

Posted on January 31st, 2016

To start no matter how early you get there prior to your appointment count on an hour wait for a 10 min appointment. You will then get told what to do and be given prescription samples from pharmaceutical companies that gets kickbacks for. If you tell him you are having side effects he will first tell you that you are wrong. (One medication he gave me caused me to gain 30 lbs in a span of two weeks.) He will have you come back in two weeks if you have good insurance so he can get extra money from the company. After a few combinations of only the medications he gave me samples for he advised there were no other medications available. This was an out right lie. I made a few calls to other doctors who advised me there were many more options. So I went to see a new doctor to explore my options. (When I mentioned what Dr Sargis said to me I was advised by one of his own peers that he was known to be for lack of a better term unyielding due to his prior Arabic Military Service.) They ran a DNA sample test to see what medications would be good and not good for my disorder. Low and behold at the top of the DO NOT PRESCRIBE were the medications he was giving me. No wonder I wasn't getting any better. (On a side note...his offices are tacky furnished with office equipment that appears to look like it came from Goodwill and he is always wearing expensive suits.) In any case if you really want to take an active part in your healing process and are concerned about your insurance rates...Stay as far away from this man as possible.

Very pleased with Dr. Sargious's care

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

The negative comments and poor reviews of Dr. Sargious and his staff that I have read on this site, as well as other sites, are the complete opposite of my personal experience as his patient. First of all, feeling suicidal or contemplating suicide is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY. You need to go an emergency room immediately, not call a local psychiatrist. Dr. Sargious's office is not set up for or capable of handling emergent situations; that is why emergency rooms exist. Just as one would (hopefully) not call their family doctor after chopping an arm off and bleeding profusely and then expect to be treated in the office setting, calling a psychiatrist's office when suicidal is not appropriate either. A suicidal person needs a much higher level of care and intervention than can be provided in any office. Another common complaint is that the office staff inquires about personal details when calling for an inital appointment so that Dr. Sargious may review the situation and either accept or decline the person as a patient. Apparently not many realize that Dr. Sargious, like any physician, has every right to decide who he treats and manage his patient/work load as he sees fit. Personally, I am glad that this is done, as I feel that it allows Dr. Sargious to screen beforehand and therefore, decide who he thinks he may able to help with their mental health issues. In the end, it saves the patient the frustration of making an appointment, seeing the Dr. and then being told they need to seek other resources. Some may say the screening process is to avoid taking on patients with certain issues or Medicaid/lack of insurance, but again, he reserves that right and is actually saving the patient the hassle of jumping through more hoops to get appropriate care. My experience with Dr. Sargious was wonderful. He listened openly, didn't interrupt, and I truly (finally) felt understood. He took his time and thoroughly explained the available treatment options. Mental illness is such a vast, complex issue and sufferers of course want a quick fix, but unfortunately that's not how it works, no matter which doctor is seen. The office staff was friendly and helpful. I received a call back within 24 hours of my initial call seeking an appointment.

New Patience

Posted on August 1st, 2015

Dr Sargious took over my other Dr Practice because she moved out of State.Dr Sargious is a EXCELLANT DOCTOR.He listen to your problems and will work on Resolving with you.He takes his time with you answers all your question and really cares about you as a patience .His office staff is really nice Just like the Doctor.I would recommend Dr Ehab Sarious to anyone that has a Mental health Problem

wife

Posted on November 3rd, 2014

Our marriage counselor and family doctor diagnosed my husband as being bipolar. family doctor perscribed 20 mg prozac for husband. He went out of town without his meds. He went from rage, crying, not feeling anything, laughing, not able to sleep. Our counselor referred us to Dr Sargious, because he works with him a couple days a week. We have called 4 times in the past 2 weeks for an appt. Husband was given an intake over the phone, " to see if dr wants to accept you as a patient." Our family is in crisis and we do not evn get a call back!!! Called our counselor at home today. He emailed us a list of other psychiatrists in our area.

suuuucccckkkkssssss

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

worst dr i have ever encountered!!!! first off the dr picks the patients before they even make the appt and apparently even if u have 4 diff type of mental problems they deny u service and dont plan to have them call and tell u cuz they dont!!!

Rude

Posted on August 25th, 2011

I saw him once in Psyc Ward and he attacked me. He tried to get me kicked off of Social Security Disability by sending them a mean letter lieing about me also sent a rude letter to my Family Doctor telling them I was using drugs. I went to Psyc ward to get help but scared me never to seek help again. I havent and now I am really mental and just want to die. Thank you Sarg!Isnt there a confidentuality law that should have prevented him from telling other people (1 wasnt even a Doctor)whats in my medical records?

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Posted on August 21st, 2011

I saw Dr. Ehab Sargious for a period of 4 years and was treated with typical and atypical antipsychotics at various points. NOT ONCE did Dr. Sargious administer A SINGLE test for extrapyramidal symptoms. EVERY OTHER psychiatrist I have seen has administered some kind of test that involved me standing still in various positions for periods of time, holding my mouth open, etc. When I was on risperdal he NEVER ordered a fasting glucose test. In fact he never ordered a single blood test the whole 4 years I saw him. I have no idea where the "MD" in his name comes from or how he got to the position of running a psych ward.

Posted on November 24th, 2010

best psychiatrist I have ever seen.

Posted on August 16th, 2017