Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. M Mccormick
Dr. M Mccormick, DO, ARNP is a Doctor primarily located in Royal Oak, MI, with another office in Royal Oak, MI. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Mccormick is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital and Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. M Mccormick has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bell's Palsy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr McCormick is wonderful. She made hearing that our baby had a devastating diagnosis "not so bad" because we liked her so much and knew we were in great hands. She is considered out-of-network for us, but we will pay cash each time. She is very knowledgeable and genuinely cares for her patients. If you wait in the waiting room it's because she is providing the same non-rushed care to others that she will soon be giving to you!! I highly recommend her.
Dr. Mccormick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Children's Hospital of Michigan
Hutzel Women's Hospital
HARPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL & HUTZEL WOMEN'S HOSPIT
Royal Oak (3 Years
POH Regional Medical Center
Beaumont Affiliation & Years on StaffRoyal Oak
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Harper University Hospital
29 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1988
Dr. M Mccormick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. M Mccormick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Royal Oak, MI.