Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Einar G Lurix MD
Dr. Einar G Lurix has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Einar G Lurix has the following 12 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Einar G Lurix - Posted on May 4th, 2018
Dr. Lurix has a great bedside manner. I had a colonoscopy which went very well. I was nervous but, he made sure that I went to sleep. I had two endoscopy's. I had bad effects from both. The 1st affected my singing voice permanently and the 2nd recently done has caused increased Gastritis and increased GERD symptoms . I had a stricture causing choking when eating and drinking. That's why I had the second one. He is a good doctor but, these things are concerning. I need to get off of the PPI and Zantac because it has been several years and they have been found to worsen the very conditions they are prescribed for and cause bone loss with long term use . I just got diagnosed with Osteoporosis. The increased acid issues will make it even harder to get off of the meds now. I just wish doctors would tell you more about side effects for meds and procedures.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Einar G Lurix - Posted on June 14th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Einar G Lurix - Posted on April 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Einar G Lurix - Posted on April 20th, 2017
Dr. Lurix is highly knowledgeable not only in his own field of medicine but he studies everything! My husband and I would recommend him to anyone needing a physician who is interested in each of his patients and takes the time to listen as well as prescribe.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Einar G Lurix - Posted on October 24th, 2015
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2016, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2016, 2017, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lurix is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Einar G Lurix Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsINTERNAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATES OF GREENVILLE, 1025 Verdae Blvd, Greenville, SC
Dr. Einar G Lurix is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.