Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi
Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bay Shore, NY. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ilamathi is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Ilamathi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 5 of 26
I saw Dr. Ilamathi for the first time. He was extremely nice and had the best bedside manner of any physician I had ever seen. He explained everything to me and did a thorough examination and spent qurte a bit of time with me. The staff was kind and knowledgeable and they had me in the office within 5 mins of arrival. Highly recommend.
Dr. Illamathi is an extremely knowledgeable and caring doctor. He was able to oversee the appropriate medications needed to get my husband's hypertension under control. He has a wonderful and supportive bedside manner which is also a very important asset in helping to deal with health issues. Plato has said "The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be separated. In Dr. Illamathi we have found that individual.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ilamathi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwell Health Physician Partners, 32 E Main St, Bay Shore, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi in this video.
Dr. Ekambaram Ilamathi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Shore, NY.