Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ekram Elzik
Dr. Ekram Elzik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Clemente, CA. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Elzik is affiliated with Saddleback Memorial Medical Center-Laguna Hills, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center - San Clemente and Anaheim Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ekram Elzik has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Elzik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center-Laguna Hills
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center - San Clemente
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Saddleback Memorial Med Ctr
55 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1958
Dr. Ekram Elzik accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions655 Camino De Los Mares, San Clemente, CA
Dr. Ekram Elzik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Clemente, CA.