3.0

Absolutely unbelievable.

EVERY interaction with the doctor and this staff has been awful. The first appointment the nurse just talked my ear off about her personal life, couldn't give me my prescription until next time. Ok, whatever; have to do the first time visit stuff. I go in next time just to pick up prescription, and I have to pay yet again just to release my prescription. Then I suddenly need an unnecessary PAP and physical that the doc tells me I won't have to pay for, it's just standard new patient....And has to be split up into 2 appointments. Then suddenly I have a 100+ dollar bill on top of my copays. I question the doc and she talks down to me like I am a child. Then I have to get labs done for some reason, but am not told pertinent information and am once again talked to like a child. Then I need to make an appointment for an actual situation for the first time since signing on with them, and the office is extremely rude. Every time I've been there, the office staff talks over me and doesn't answer questions. I ask if there is someone else I can talk to, besides the billing department, so I can understand why all my appointments are being split up, staff gets even more rude and is "too busy" to talk to me as to why. I ask how to cancel all my services with them because they've been so rude, and the office hangs up on me. Unbelievable. I am a completely healthy, 23 year old teacher that they tried to take for a run. Would not recommend to ANYONE.

Great doctor

She makes you feel comfortable like I had know her for a long time. Very concerned about my health. Answered all my questions.

Staff unorganized and doctor is never available.

I have been to this office on three occasions. Twice seeing the doctor and once seeing the PA the PA was much more pleasant than the doctor and listened and was empathetic. The PA told me what medicine I needed but she couldn’t write the script the doctor had to. So after three weeks of calling and getting told the doctor was never in and had not looked over my charts I got no where. The script was for depression and anxiety After three weeks was told the doctor would not write the script and suggested I have an 800$ test done that insurance does not cover. If she doesn’t trust her PA to determine a patients care why does she have one? Staff was very unorganized and rude. Told me to call back on Friday when the office is ALWAYS closed on Friday and got an answering service. Do not recommend this doctor.

Horrible staff and unreliable doctor

I have never had so many issues with a doctor's office in my life! Between the rude staff telling me I had to pay out of pocket or leave in the middle of my appointment because they couldn't verify my insurance. (NEVER had this issue anywhere else ever) That was the 2nd time! I got all the way to the parking lot, did a three way call with insurance and with office, verified my insurance of 12 years and they told me I would have to reschedule because I left! They told me to! I have had multiple appointments rescheduled last minute due to the doctor being unavailable suddenly. They made it incredibly difficult to schedule a physical for my elderly grandma who needed her prescriptions renewed by a certain date. After we finally got the appointment, they called the day of to reschedule. Then didn't actually complete a physical and later wanted me to schedule another appointment for something that should gave already been done! It's madness! Do not waste your time with this office.

Find a different doctor terrible staff and doctor

She is a wonderful doctor!

I have to admit that I was really hesitant to have her take over the practice at first because I had never been to a female doctor before and that made me feel a little nervous plus I really like Dr. VanAlstine and it broke my heart to see him leave. He was my doctor for a decade and he is a doctor that will hug you when you're hearing bad news and he's even gotten "watery eyes" when discussing my test results and health issues. Doctor Smith isn't like that but she is a very knowledgable and personable doctor. Her bedside manner won't work for everyone because she tells you the truth even if you don't want to hear or accept it. She is polite about it but she doesn't sugarcoat it because your health is very important to her and she wants you to take it seriously. I feel that she really does care for her patients and she won't rush you in and out just to see more patients and make more money. She will talk to you and answer any questions and concerns you have. Yes, it means the next person she sees may have to wait a little longer than their appointment time but a good doctor like her is worth the wait. After just two visits with her, one which lasted 2 hours as we discussed my health history, I decided that I really like her and will keep her as my primary doctor.

Nasty and rude. Find another doctor to see. She is horrible.

Very Professional but not dependable

Dr. Smith was a nice enough lady and certainly seemed professional for the short amount of years she has been at Okemos Family Practice. But she seriously needs to work on being dependable for her patients. She was our primary care physician for two years. I scheduled 2 appts. 2 years in a row months in advance only for her to cancel at the last minute due to personal matters. I understand that things certainly happen.........but when these things happen, she has a responsibility to bend over backwards to make sure her patients are taken care of rather then be told the next available appt. is months away. Dr. Smith, I wish you well and you were very nice. But you were not dependable and I don't have time to fool around with you anymore.

finally a doctor who listens

Best experience and great interaction with me from staff to doctor.

Dr. Ekram M Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Owosso, MI.