- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elaine M Arata has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Elaine M Arata has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Elaine M Arata Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Elaine M Arata
Dr. Elaine Arata attended the Indiana University School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver. She has been board certified in Internal Medicine since 1980 and achieved the certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatric Medicine in 1994. She was a clinical instructor in medicine at the University of Colorado for a year and then began her private practice. Dr. Arata practiced for a number of years in Colorado Springs and Pueblo before relocating to Maryland in December of 1993. She had an office in Annapolis from 1994 until moving to the Severna Park site in January of 2004. She enjoys seeing adults of all ages beginning at age 16 with a particular interest in preventing disease and in optimizing health when multiple chronic conditions are present. She has hospital privileges at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Dr. Arata participates with the following networks: AAMC Info Med - Vital Choice One & Two, WellChoice, United Health Care, Mamsi, Alliance, Golden Rule & One Net, BCBS PPO and PPN, BCBS Triple Choice PPO & PPN only. BCBS Federal, Tricare PPO, Medicare and Cigna PPO. Dr. Arata is married with two children. She enjoys bicycling, hiking, skiing and a good joke.