Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Irvine, CA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
After giving birth to a premature baby, I felt very wary of any doctor so decided to give Dr. Gan three tries before settling down with her. I had heard about her through a friend of a friend but wasn't sure what to expect.Booking appointments and dealing with the office staff wasn't much of a problem - the wait time was next to nothing and there was only one time where they had to reschedule my appointment but called well ahead of time.My review is based on what I thought is Dr. Gan's lack of bedside manner. I did not experience her field our questions, specifically our concerns about immunizations, and I felt each appointment were rushed and given textbook answers rather than hearing and understanding us as worried parents, especially of a premature baby.We did see another doctor in the office and unfortunately, we experienced her being VERY rushed and did not even look at the herniated belly button before telling us it was normal and completely fine. Knowing that I'd see her as an alternative doctor did not ease my mind.I'm currently trying to find another doctor, one who I hope will be more patient, who will take the time to address our concerns and will be a bit more caring towards us.
26 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIrvine Pediatrics, 16300 Sand Canyon Ave Ste 811, Irvine, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong, MD - Pediatrics in Irvine, CA, in this video.
Dr. Elaine A Gan Yong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.