Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elaine Leventhal
Dr. Elaine Leventhal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Neptune, NJ, with another office in New Brunswick, NJ. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Leventhal is affiliated with Umdnj University Hospital, Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County and Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp. She speaks English.
Dr. Elaine Leventhal has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Elaine Leventhal has the following 3 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Behavioral Disorders
- Women's Health
Dr. Elaine Leventhal has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elaine Leventhal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Leventhal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Umdnj University Hospital
Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
39 Years Experience
University of Wisconsin at Madison
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elaine Leventhal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Neptune, NJ.